[c-nsp] XR6 process conflicts

James Bensley jwbensley+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 07:24:28 EDT 2020

On 13 September 2020 05:37:11 CEST, aaron1 at gvtc.com wrote:
>Hi James, I'm coming into this conversation late or mid-point, but as a
>thought, if 1 of those 500 routers goes down, you need to know about
>that
>individual router's ospf state dropping.  How else would you know that
>unless you sent traps on a per ospf-subinterface basis?

Hi Aaron,

Perhaps I misunderstood; my interpretation of OPs concern was that when batches of the same event occur, only some of the traps are sent, and the rest suppressed, but all are reported via syslog. If you have a single OSPF session flap, as we (all running IOS-XR and OSPF) already know, IOS-XR will send a trap.

Is my interpretation wrong? If yes, please ignore my ramblings. If no, then I'm curious to know what's OPs requirement is to receive 500 traps (my experience is that it's too much noise to reasonably interpret and handle in a useful manner).

Cheers,
James.