[c-nsp] SR-TE

aaron1 at gvtc.com aaron1 at gvtc.com
Fri Sep 18 11:59:39 EDT 2020

Thanks dip, but a bit confused at this point since I thought SRTE didn’t need tunnel interface at the Head End LSR, and that a policy was what steered traffic into an SRTE Path.

But, I do see some web sites that mention it both ways… using tunnel interface or using an sr-te policy… So I don’t know why they difference.  Is it that some version of XR did it with only a tunnel interface and other versions of XR did it with policy?  (heck I even see some that show a static route calling a explicit path option! IOS-XE website)

https://www.lacnic.net/innovaportal/file/4016/1/sr_srte_pce-hands-on.pdf

slide number 28 shows SR-TE policy

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/segment-routing/configuration/guide/b-seg-routing-cg-asr9k/b-seg-routing-cg-asr9k_chapter_0100.html

shows sr-te on tunnel interface

I was trying on XR 6.3.1 XRv using OSPF as IGP

I have a different virtual lab environment where I have XR 7.0.2 XRv9k and I am going to try it there with IS-IS as IGP

I’ll take any advice from anyone that has info on this.

-Aaron