[c-nsp] Whats happens when TCAM is full on 7600/RSP720RSP-3CXL?

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Mon Sep 21 17:14:40 EDT 2020

> Whats happens when TCAM is full on 7600/RSP720RSP-3CXL?

2016.

> Last question. Can I take a full BGP feed on both v4 and v6 with a
> A9K-RSP440-TR? Or do I need the -SE?

More seriously - the 'TR' scale and 'SE' scale don't differ in TCAM,
only in their installed RAM. This may matter to you, but for most
'border edge devices' it is unlikely to impact your DFZ survival rate.

The only issue now is (as gert alludes to) RSP-440 are somewhat old, as
is the 9006 chassis. You can shim RSP-880-RL-TR/SE ('RL' for "rate
limited", to exactly RSP-440 perf) into a 9006 and it was available at
the same list price, as well as capable of running 64-bit XR.

The 9906 is a chassis with longer legs, if you can get one.  I would
definitely find the newest 'BRKARC-2003.pdf' that you can. There's
usually at least one presented each year for each of Cisco Live! US &
Europe.

Here's one from this year:

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKARC-2003.pdf

Good luck!