[c-nsp] EOBC0/0 ifInErrors

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Wed Sep 30 22:23:16 EDT 2020

01.10.2020 3:03, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> Aaron wrote on 30/09/2020 20:11:
>> He is suggesting reseating all cards. Starting with the Supervisor.
>
> correct. power down the box, carefully reseat all cards, power up, see if that fixes it.
>
> If it doesn't fix it, then open a TAC case.  If the unit isn't under support,
> then you have a problem because this type of error could be one of the cards,
> or the sup, or the backplane and it's really hard to tell which without swapping units out.

This 7606 is the core router of our network, it runs for many years without visible problems and current uptime's over 1 year.
It would be hard doing such things with the core without any evidences other than some counter increasing.

At the moment, all I want is to know what is the counter designed for, what can it growth mean?

> If you can check out the EOBC on the line cards using remote login, that might give useful information, maybe.

How do I do that?

Thank you very much for your patience.