[c-nsp] IOS XR 'STARKAD Mother Board FPGA' detected clock reference failure / DPLL unlock indicator on 'ZARLINK Bus'. Instance reporting the problem is 1

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Dec 7 13:56:22 EST 2021

Hey,

I have an ASR9k with a 4x10GE card in a MOD80-TR. All four of the ports are in a bundle-ether.

About a week ago we began having flaps on all four of the ports in the bundle.

We just yesterday started seeing messages like this:

IOS XR 'STARKAD Mother Board FPGA' detected clock reference failure / DPLL unlock indicator on 'ZARLINK Bus'. Instance reporting the problem is 1

I looked up the issue, it shouldn't apply due to the software version and we don't use clock synchronization.

What I am wondering is if anyone has seen this particular error message before outside of Cisco's description of what causes it?

Just wondering.
-Drew