[c-nsp] policer on ASR1001X

Lukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Sep 8 09:51:33 EDT 2021

Saku is always on point ;)

> On 8 Sep 2021, at 15:31, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 8 Sept 2021 at 16:30, Lukasz Bromirski <lukasz at bromirski.net> wrote:
>
>>> 3) is there any mode to limit pps and not only bandwidth
>>
>> I no longer remember this from top of my mind, but there’s bunch of good QoS/HQoS presentations about ASR 1000 in particular on ciscolive.com that you can use as reference.
>
> police rate x pps

Just checked this on 17.x based release (3k = 3000 for this example):

rtr-edge(config-pmap-c)#police rate 3k ?
  account         Overhead Accounting
  bps             Treat 'rate' value in bits-per-second
  burst           Specify 'burst' parameter
  conform-action  action when rate is less than conform burst
  cps             Treat 'rate' value in cells-per-second
  peak-rate       Specify peak rate or PCR for single-level ATM 4.0 policer policies
  pps             Treat 'rate' value in packets-per-second
  <cr>            <cr>

--
./