RPL -- testing unicast/multicast BGP routes?

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Tue Mar 29 07:48:25 EDT 2022

Hi,

I've tried googling and came up empty, so I turn here...

As you may know, in IOS-XR one can do

   show bgp ipv4 multicast
and
   show bgp ipv4 unicast

to see the routes from the different ... sub-address families(?)

However, I have been unable to find a test in RPL which is able
to distinguish between the two.  Is it simply missing from the
language?  It seems like a rather obvious oversight in the RPL
design...  (However, it's way too late to fix that now to resolve
my immediate issue on any reasonable time scale.)

I am guessing that my second best bet is to implement community
tagging on all relevant inbound edges to make it possible to
distinguish between the two in RPL.

Comments?

Regards,

- Håvard