[c-nsp] Internet border router recommendations and experiences

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:21:01 EST 2023

The newer software is packaged that way already, if you don’t need SMUs.  If you want to customize it with SMUs and whatnot it takes a few minutes, depends on your processor and storage speed of course.

Thanks,
Phil

On 2/26/23, 11:18 AM, "Gert Doering" <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 02:29:13PM +0000, Phil Bedard wrote:
> XR for a number of years now has had the concept of a ?golden ISO?.  It?s a single image either built by Cisco or customers can build their own that include the base software and the SMUs in a single image.  You just issue a single ?install replace myiso.iso? and that?s it.

And that takes how many hours to complete?

(But yes, that sounds like progress has been made in XR64 land)

gert

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert at greenie.muc.de<mailto:gert at greenie.muc.de>