[c-nsp] Port-channel not working Juniper vs Cisco

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 03:37:10 EDT 2023

Dear expert
we've an issue in setting up a port-channel between a Juniper EX4400 and a
Cisco Nexus N9K-C93180YC-EX over an SX 1 Gbs link.

We've implemented the following configuration but on Juniper side it is
interface flapping while on Cisco side it remains down.
Light levels seem ok.

Has anyone ever experienced the same ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for any hint
Kind regards
James

JUNIPER *****************************

> show configuration interfaces ae10 | display set
set interfaces ae10 description "to Cisco leaf"
set interfaces ae10 aggregated-ether-options lacp active
set interfaces ae10 aggregated-ether-options lacp periodic fast
set interfaces ae10 unit 0 family ethernet-switching interface-mode trunk
set interfaces ae10 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 301

> show configuration interfaces ge-0/2/3 | display set
set interfaces ge-0/2/3 description "to Cisco leaf"
set interfaces ge-0/2/3 ether-options 802.3ad ae10

> show vlans VLAN_301

Routing instance        VLAN name             Tag          Interfaces
default-switch          VLAN_301              301
                                                           ae10.0

CISCO  *******************************

interface Ethernet1/41
  description <[To EX4400]>
  switchport
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 301
  channel-group 41 mode active
  no shutdown

interface port-channel41
  description <[To EX4400]>
  switchport
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 301

# sh vlan id 301

VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
301  P2P_xxx                          active    Po1, Po41, Eth1/1, Eth1/41

VLAN Type         Vlan-mode
301  enet         CE

Remote SPAN VLAN