[cisco-voip] SIP INFO

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sun Feb 1 15:13:35 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:00:48AM -0800, Hielke Christian Braun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anybody know how to setup a AS5350 to sent out SIP INFO messages
> for DTMF tones generate on the PSTN?
>
> In the dial-peer configuration i can only see options for DTMF via
> RTP or H.323. But according to the feature list it should be
> possible.

	here's an example:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
 destination-pattern 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:hostname-sip-proxy
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
!

	This causes the system to use the 'Named Telephone Event'.  This
is what I use in my environment of 7960's, Asterisk (asteriskpbx.org),
and Cisco routers that have varying voice modules installed in them.

	herer's the other choices:

Router(config-dial-peer)#dtmf-relay ?
  cisco-rtp          Cisco Proprietary RTP
  h245-alphanumeric  DTMF Relay via H245 Alphanumeric IE
  h245-signal        DTMF Relay via H245 Signal IE
  rtp-nte            RTP Named Telephone Event RFC 2833
  sip-notify         DTMF Relay via SIP NOTIFY messages

	I do encounter a few places when dialed that do not properly
pass/handle the DTMF properly, i'm not sure what the cause
of this is.  Anyone with clues, i'm interested in hearing your problems
and/or solutions.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net