[cisco-voip] Corporate Directory

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Feb 3 12:05:31 EST 2004

Make sure you get the 9 at the end (CSCdz63349).   I've pasted in the notes
below.

-Ryan
Symptoms:
Using DC Direcotory it is not possilbe to hide users from Corporate
Directory
as described in CSCdu07702, CSCdx05014.  Using Active Directory this is
possible
through Active Directory Users And Computers (ADU&C).  This field should be
available for modification in the Callmanager web interface.

Condition:
Callmanager 3.2(2c). DCD Integrated install 2.24, or CustomerDirectoryPlugin
integrated with Active Directory.

Workaround:
For Active Directory:
Use ADU&C and set the Description attribute of the user to
"CiscoPrivateUser"
without the quotation marks.

For DC Directory:
First, cut and paste the following 4 lines into a file called
"hideuser.ldif"
text file, and save it in the C: drive of the publisher callmanager server.

dn: cn=[userid],ou=users,o=cisco.com
changeType: modify
replace: Description

set the [userid] to be the user you would like to hide. Example for the
UserID
ctifw:

dn: cn=ctifw,ou=users,o=cisco.com
changeType: modify
replace: Description

Next run the following command from a cmd prompt on the publisher
callmanager
server in order to set the description field in DC Directory.

ldapmodify -h <server name></server> -p 8404 -D "cn=Directory
Manager,o=cisco.com"
-w <DCDAdmin Password> -c -f hideuser.ldif

Further Problem Description:
The CTIFW user was present in CCM 3.1 and 3.2 for use by the Webattendant or
Telephony Call Dispatcher service.  This user is not used with the new
Attendant Console.  From 3.3 onwards, system users (or special users) are
filtered out from the search results. The users are filtered based on the
attribute "Description". If "Description" is CiscoPrivateUser, the user is
not
displayed in search results from Corporate Directory or Users->Global
Directory.