[cisco-voip] SIP INFO

Hielke Christian Braun hcb+cisco-voip at unco.de
Wed Feb 11 23:24:42 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 03:13:35PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:00:48AM -0800, Hielke Christian Braun wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > does anybody know how to setup a AS5350 to sent out SIP INFO messages
> > for DTMF tones generate on the PSTN?
> >
> > In the dial-peer configuration i can only see options for DTMF via
> > RTP or H.323. But according to the feature list it should be
> > possible.
>
> 	here's an example:
>
> dial-peer voice 1 voip
>  destination-pattern 1
>  session protocol sipv2
>  session target dns:hostname-sip-proxy
>  dtmf-relay rtp-nte
>  codec g711ulaw
>  no vad
> !
>
> 	This causes the system to use the 'Named Telephone Event'.  This
> is what I use in my environment of 7960's, Asterisk (asteriskpbx.org),
> and Cisco routers that have varying voice modules installed in them.
>
> 	herer's the other choices:
>
> Router(config-dial-peer)#dtmf-relay ?
>   cisco-rtp          Cisco Proprietary RTP
>   h245-alphanumeric  DTMF Relay via H245 Alphanumeric IE
>   h245-signal        DTMF Relay via H245 Signal IE
>   rtp-nte            RTP Named Telephone Event RFC 2833
>   sip-notify         DTMF Relay via SIP NOTIFY messages
>
> 	I do encounter a few places when dialed that do not properly
> pass/handle the DTMF properly, i'm not sure what the cause
> of this is.  Anyone with clues, i'm interested in hearing your problems
> and/or solutions.

Thanks for the answer. That is strange. I have a quite recent IOS on
the gateway (Version 12.3(5a)). But i only see both h245 and the
rtp-nte options. sip-notify and cisco-rtp are not shown. Do i need
any other configuration to enable sip-notify?

I am trying to get something similar to work. I have a Asterisk and
want to use DTMF when dialing in through the Cisco gateway to the
Asterisk. With DTMF via rtp-nte i only get an error "Unknown RTP
codec 19 received" on the Asterisk.

Could you maybe sent your Cisco configuration and the IOS version on
or of list?

Thanks,
Christian.