[cisco-voip] IPCC Enterprise: VRU PIM Error

Tomas Daniska tomas at tronet.com
Wed Feb 11 03:07:33 EST 2004

check your dns - especially the reverse lookup of the pim ip address on the cra machine

there is a "feature" in the cra logging process that makes it pretty blocking on reverse resolve

your dns timeout is probably around minutes; hello message timeout around 10s. cra wants to log the attempt with fqdn. put 1 + 1 together and you get what's happening here

--

deejay

  _____