[cisco-voip] rebooting CM

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed Feb 11 18:24:24 EST 2004

I know the whole purpose of having a pub and sub is for redundancy but I
have a question.

If I have all my phones pointed at the sub and I reboot the pub, will I
loose any CM Services?

I think the answer is no.

Once I have rebooted the Pub and want to reboot the Sub, What will
happen?  Will it automatically re-register with the Pub?  How long will
that take?  Will calls drop?  If it re-registers with the pub will it
re-register to the sub when it comes back up?

I need to get the MS security update installed ASAP and don't want to
take down the phone system to do it.

TIA

Scott