[cisco-voip] rebooting CM

Anthony Mendoza amendoza at Niku.com
Wed Feb 11 19:49:48 EST 2004

I am not sure about the dropped calls, but I know the phones will all
register themselves appropriately, and then re-register when you kick
the other system.  I keep up with Cisco's patch updates and do the
rebooting once a month, but never have done it while checking to see if
live calls are lost..  I think one time I tested it and as long as
you're not restarting the GW you may be ok...  I don't think the CCM is
required after the call is in progress.. I think at that point packets
go from the phone to the GW....I usually do my reboots at night after
notifying the company that the phones will be offline / down for 15-30
minutes (depending how long the patches take)...

just my $0.02..