[cisco-voip] Does CCM get Charging Units from gateway?

David Stanaway kerneld at fastmail.com.au
Tue Oct 5 18:10:11 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 11:07 -0400, Wes Sisk wrote:
> I have read several illusions to CDR's being stored temporarily
> somewhere in the SNMP MIB in the cisco router so they can be retreived.
> That might be worth a shot.  Limitation as I recall is that it's only
> stored for a short period of time.  Similar to the "sh  call history
> voice" output in IOS.
> /Wes

Your best bet on the router end is aaa accounting. It doesn't spool out
well formed CDRs, you will need to stitch together the call legs, and
take into account hunting etc..

On that note.  Is there in big difference between
gw-accounting voip
and
gw-accounting aaa
?

I have a 12.3 router which is complaining that voip is deprecated and to
use aaa, but I am not sure if I change over if it will have any
consequences to the content of the radius accounting packets.

--
David Stanaway <noc at dialmex.net>
NOC Department, DialMex L.L.C.