[cisco-voip] 7970 miracles

Teodor Georgiev teodor at voicelink.biz
Sat Oct 16 18:51:41 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <peter.casanave at us.army.mil>
To: <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 2:21 PM
Subject: [cisco-voip] 7970 miracles

> All,
>
>    My Battalion Commander is asking me to preform some miracles in design
for 7970 phones here in Iraq. Some of you may have done some of these things
before so, I would appreciate any help I can get. The following are ideas
that the good idea fairy placed in his mind:

> He would like these for 7970s......
>     Scrolling news ticker feed from CCN or some other well know news
network
>     He wants me to get rid of the shaded area associated with bottons used
that goes across the whole screen
>     Does anyone know of a better service than berbee to get services
from...berbee CNN keeps freezing up on 7970s
>     Local news ticker server for classified phone VoIP network
>     Extended speed dial buttons without an external device....are the
external 14 button speed dial devices used for 7960s compatablie with 7970s?
>     Also, I am having problems getting the Fast dial services working. Not
familiar with PAD...
>     Anyone ever expirience promblems with 7970s updating thier date/time?
>
>    I am in the military so, I have little expirience but we have the
resources smart people to learn. We all have about 5 months VoIP expirience
now. I would appreciate any of the audiences knowledge on this. I know some
of these problems are probably elementary and some are not possible. Thanks
for anything you can give.

Yeah, I trust you. It is much easer to torture and kill innocent unarmed
people in comparison to create something (like a small VoIP network).
At least the US militaries have a lot of "hands on" experience in the first.

(To all the other members of that mailing-list: sorry for the out-of-topic).