[cisco-voip] poe tester

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Oct 19 12:40:19 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 09:33:53AM -0700, Voll, Scott wrote:
> I don't think I understand your need.
>
> Why do you need to test?  Shouldn't the switch say inline power?

	He's trying to check that the voltage drop over the distance
isn't too much is my guess.

	something that is fairly important to insure that the cabling is
"ok".

	My recommendation would be to take a phone around with you.
It's a lot easier that way.  You could always take some cat-5
cable and cut it in half and use a voltage meter with it.  You
could probally even go by radio shack (or other local electronics
retailer) and get the necessary gear to simulate to actual draw of
the phone..

	- jared