[cisco-voip] poe tester

Tim Frazee tfrazee at gsgi.com
Tue Oct 19 12:40:14 EDT 2004

Often I find the need that when I am replacing an existing phone system with cisco ipt, I an using existing data system. Also, the switching "fabric" is a mix of powered and non powered drops. When I am setting up a phone inline of an existing computer connection, the pc will work fine, but no phone.

I have seen the need for such a tester many times. The indicator light on the switch is also very handy. We can move non-powered devices from a poe switch to a regular switch, cisco or not, just to free up a port to hang a phone from.

If anybody has seen such a device, please let me know.

Blackberry Wireless E-Mail From:
Tim Frazee
Global Solutions Group, Inc.