[cisco-voip] Caller-ID

Ward Knutson ward_knutson at educ8.org
Tue Oct 19 13:43:02 EDT 2004

I am having some Caller-ID issues. The only way I get caller ID thru to
our cell provider is to use the calling-number out and display-ie
commands.  Then it is displayed as our main account phone number.  I
tried using the command "isdn calling-number xxx-xxxx" thinking I could
force a number but that didn't work.  I have my route patterns set to
use the calling party's external mask and the phone line settings
external masks are set also.  It may be my cellular provider's problem
but when I got the account phone number to pass I thought I would check
with the experts!

This is the way I have my gateway interface configured.

interface Serial1/0:23

 no ip address

 no logging event link-status

 isdn switch-type primary-ni

 isdn incoming-voice voice

 isdn calling-number out

 isdn outgoing display-ie

 no cdp enable

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message and or
attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of this
prohibited. If you received this e-mail or its attachments in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and
destroy any copies.

Ward Knutson

Network Coordinator

Bismarck Public Schools