[cisco-voip] Caller-ID

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Oct 19 14:19:13 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 12:43:02PM -0500, Ward Knutson wrote:
> I am having some Caller-ID issues. The only way I get caller ID thru to
> our cell provider is to use the calling-number out and display-ie
> commands.  Then it is displayed as our main account phone number.  I
> tried using the command "isdn calling-number xxx-xxxx" thinking I could
> force a number but that didn't work.  I have my route patterns set to
> use the calling party's external mask and the phone line settings
> external masks are set also.  It may be my cellular provider's problem
> but when I got the account phone number to pass I thought I would check
> with the experts!

	Here's how I do it so I send with our telco (pacbell/sbc)

	i've replaced the last part of our phone number with
xxxx.  we're running c2600-ipvoice-mz.123-6.bin

isdn switch-type primary-5ess
isdn voice-call-failure 0
!
controller T1 1/0
 framing esf
 fdl ansi
 linecode b8zs
 pri-group timeslots 1-24
 description AT: 408-263-xxxx - PACBELL cid-here
!
nterface Serial1/0:23
 no ip address
 no logging event link-status
 logging event nfas-status
 logging event subif-link-status
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn calling-number 408263xxxx
 isdn negotiate-bchan
 no cdp enable
!

	If I remove the calling-number, it will send to the telco
our 4 digit internal extensions, which do show up on other
caller-id enabled devices.. eg: cell phone, or whatnot.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net