[cisco-voip] cant dial out from ip phone

Chad Whitten cwhitten at nexband.com
Wed Oct 20 09:45:12 EDT 2004

i came in this morning and found that all phones in one partition could not
place outbound calls (to the pstn and to other ip phones within the same
partition or other partitions).  I get a fast busy as soon as I hit any key.

I moved my phone to this partition in question and observed the same behavior.
then, I tried moving my phone back to its normal partition and I still could
not place outbound calls, but other phones in that partition could.  I then
just replaced the phone with another (7940) and still had the same problem.

Inbound calls work fine (both from the pstn and from an ip phone), the phone
is registered with the callmanager.

I tried just deleting the phone and readding it.  changing the line number,
etc.  nothing works.
--
Chad Whitten
Network Administrator