[cisco-voip] ports

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Oct 26 15:15:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 03:09:43PM -0400, Campbell, Jeremy wrote:
> I have a firewalled, semi-private network from which I'd like to be able
> to use an IP Phone.  Which ports do I need to let through?

	depends on the type of phone, what image you're running (eg:
sip vs sccp)

	generally speaking, you want your phone to be able to make
outbound tcp connections, as well as outbound tftp..

	you also want to allow as much udp to the phone as possible,
for signaling (SIP), and for the RTP media (all phones).

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net