[cisco-voip] Help with DID not working on PRI

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Apr 1 12:12:00 EST 2005

RE: [cisco-voip] Help with DID not working on PRIThe key is to have the DN (whether a translation or route pattern or device) in a partition that exists in the calling search space assigned to your trunks.

Because of the potential of interdigit timeout issues we have all our DID DNs in a seperate partition that are not accessibile by regular search spaces. For example, we have asked our service provider to send all 7 digits to us. Some of those are 767-XXXX numbers which would interfere with our residence numbers that begin 7XXXX. You'll want to keep this in mind.

I'm sure I've tested in the test centre putting a 7 digit DN on a line on a phone which rings find when I dial the 7digit number from the PSTN.

If you are going the route of a translation pattern to a DN on a phone, the translation pattern's search space has to be able to access that DN on the device.

For example:
  a.. user dials 5551212 and you want this to ring on a phone with extension 666
  b.. PRI recieves dialed digits and performs whatever transformation you have asked for, let's take this example as dropping first three digits, so you get 1212
  c.. PRI search space goes through it's partitions and finds translation 1212 w/ transformation mask of 666
  d.. translation 1212 search space goes through it's partitions and finds a device with DN 666
  e.. device 666 rings