[cisco-voip] Multicasting across a WAN

Campbell, Jeremy jcampbell at ci.davidson.nc.us
Mon Apr 4 14:55:19 EDT 2005

Hi gang,

I've written an application that uses RTPMTx and RTPMRx, and after some
debugging, it works well at my main site.  The problem arises when I try
to use it to reach remote sites connected across the WAN.  Multicasting
here doesn't get traffic there, and vice versa.  How do I configure this
on my network?  My network infrastructure is all Cisco managed,
multi-layer switches (3750s and 2940s).  I have Cisco 1721 routers
capping point-to-point T1s for connectivity to my remote sites.

Can someone point me at the features I should be looking to implement?
With a few pointers and a little coaching, I can probably do this
myself.

Many thanks,

Jeremy