[cisco-voip] Multicasting across a WAN

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Apr 4 15:10:36 EDT 2005

IOS config guide for Multicast routing.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/
prod_configuration_guide09186a008017d581.html#wp999526

I'd encourage you to get a good idea of what multicast traffic is on
your network before throwing everything down the wan.

Another option is to use the SRST features of playing multicast MOH
directly from a router's flash at the remote site.  This obviously
won't allow you to have dynamic content in the multicast stream so it
will probably not work for you.  I assume it will work with RTPMRx and
RTPMTx.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/
products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

-Ryan