[cisco-voip] QoS for Gatekeeper RRQs

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Wed Apr 6 11:58:33 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:21:16AM -0800, Voll, Scott wrote:

>> How do I set the DSCP used by gateway/gatekeeper functions that
>> are not related to dialpeers?
>
> Why can't you setup a route-map to match ACL then set ip prec.?  Or use
> a Class map to match ACL and use policy-map for QoS?

Of course I could, but it's unpleasantly inconvenient. The infrastructure
is already working well on DSCP (or rather, precedence, but that makes
no difference here) classification and extending the classification rules
to something half-baked just because IOS, which sets precedence well on
all other relevant packets, misses a way to do it on those is the last
workaround I have - I  hoped I've just overlooked/-read something. I do
have a class for control traffic which already nicely prioritizes OSPF,
seems I'll just expand this with the given addresses and port ranges
in an ACL in the match-any way. Not that it wouldn't work - it's just,
uhmm, ugly. IMO Cisco simply forgot to apply the default DSCP here (they
default to a precedence 3 based one in all other H.323 control stuff),
maybe I should just ask TAC about fixing it (I've tested up to 12.3(11)T2).

Thanks,
Andre.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-