[cisco-voip] CCS and Partitions best practices

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Fri Apr 8 17:43:33 EDT 2005

My understanding is a little fuzzy but your example should work for you.
The only reason you would have a separate CSS for each site would be if
you wanted different dialing access at each site (in your example below
there is no difference between the two sites...other than the CSS name).
A should be able to call B.  I believe that by default all phones can
dial each other on the same CCM.  I'm sure someone will correct if I'm
wrong.

DN Partitions:

You also want to be careful about partitions under the DN.  Unless you
know what you're doing here and why, it can get confusing.  Leave the DN
partition set to <none> and everything should be good.  When you start
changing that field, B can't call A and stuff like that.

Hope this helps~