[cisco-voip] CCS and Partitions best practices

Trey Howland trey.howland at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 8 18:02:54 EDT 2005

I'd add the following:

COMPANY-PT (Add all IP Phone DN's to this partition)
Globally-Blocked-PT (Ever Need to block a number?)
System-PT (Things like Meetme Numbers, Voicemail)

HQ-CSS includes in this order:

HQ-911-PT
Globally-Blocked-PT
COMPANY-PT
System-PT
HQ-Local-800-PT
HQ-LD-PT
HQ-International-PT

HQ Phones get the HQ-CSS.

Put the all active DN's in the COMPANY-PT, this will allow HQ and BR to call
each other.

Don't forget a CFWALL-[HQ/BR]-CSS to limit forwards to local numbers.  Also, a
Inbound-GW1-CSS is needed for the incoming calls from each gateway.

so

CFWALL-HQ:

COMPANY-PT
HQ-Local-800-PT

Inbound-GW1-CSS:

COMPANY-PT
SYSTEM-PT

If anyone sees something that I've missed, please fill in the blanks.

-
Trey