[cisco-voip] CCS and Partitions best practices

Marcello Pedersen mpedersen at touchbase.us
Mon Apr 11 18:37:47 EDT 2005

Thanks everyone. I just rolled out today six new sites (all in pilot testing phase with no major problems) I settled in the following approach:

All DNs are in PT_Default

4 CSS for DNs

Internal
Local
National
International

Each site has:

1 region
1 Device pool
1 CSS for the devices for 911 and local calling

each device in each branch office gets the CSS for devices
each dn gets a CSS based on the class of restriction

I created one additional PT for vm ports and on ccs for vm pilot. Additionally, I created route lists with the gateways in case any gateway is down. I followed your guys recommendation and read 2 cisco books which were awesome, I will definitely recommend them to any new comer to CCM like myself:

Cisco CallManager Best Practices
Cisco IP Telephony : Planning, Design, Implementation, Operation and Optimization.

LAST QUESTION:

I want to create a number so users can call the centralized VM locally. For example, our pilot number is 5555 and I want to create the number 2222 that gets send to the pilot number 5555. How can I do this and still retain the caller originating caller ID so the call to 5555 does come from 2222 but from the originating number. What I am trying to achieve is having a local DID in each site so users can call a local number from their home phones/cell phones and use the alternate extension on Unity.

Thanks a bunch.
Marcello