[cisco-voip] Setting ip Multicast for MOH

King, Jesse JKing at thegranitegroup.com
Mon Apr 18 15:14:23 EDT 2005

Okay -

I have 1760-v's in branches connected to 3550's.

On branch routers, in order to setup multicast routing

ip multicast-routing

and under the interface - serial? or fast eth?

ip pim dense-mode

Is this all I need, or do I need to set the router to be in a particular
group. We are not using multicast for anything else.

I am in the process of reading 'Configuring IP Multicast Routing', and
it says those two commands are required, others are optional.. Is that
really the case? and if so, which interface do I need to have the ip pim
set on, and is dense-mode the correct mode I should be using?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Jesse