[cisco-voip] Attendant Console behavior

Arnold, Paul parnold at CuraGen.com
Mon Apr 18 16:39:36 EDT 2005

Bingo!
I started the TCD trace and found no reference to "sending" at all.
After looking at it for a while, I restarted the TCD and then the CTIManager service and it came right up.
Thanks a million.
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Ratliff [mailto:rratliff at cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 11:35 AM
To: Arnold, Paul
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Attendant Console behavior

The TCD on CM sends linestate messages to AC clients in UDP packets.
Turn on Detailed TCD traces on your CM servers and take a look at the
TCDsrv.txt files for "sending x linestates to client aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
where x is a number up to 40 and aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the client ip
address.

Basically TCD uses CTI to request notifications on all linestates from
CM.  CM will send those linestates to TCD every time a monitored line
goes offhook, etc via CTI.  Then TCD will pass those linestates out to
clients that are watching them.

Obviously there are several places this can break down.  A frequently
seen one is the CallManager service parameter "linestate update
enabled".  If this is false CM won't send linestates to TCD.

If you see the messages "sending x linestates..." in the TCD trace then
everything is working except for those UDP packets making it to the
client.

-Ryan