[cisco-voip] Setting ip Multicast for MOH

King, Jesse JKing at thegranitegroup.com
Mon Apr 18 16:42:33 EDT 2005

Only one hop,

source-----router-----router-----switch----phone

I found an interesting document, which pretty much lines it out, and I
have one site with it setup and working.

I'm using the following on the source router

ip multicast-routing
ip pim bsr-candidate FastEthernet0/0 30 1

interface fasteth 0/0
ip pim sparse-dense-mode

interface xxxx  to branch router
ip pim sparse-dense-mode

on the branch router

ip multicast-routing
interface fasteth 0/0
ip pim sparse-dense-mode

interface xxxx  to hq router
ip pim sparse-dense-mode

seems to be working okay.. Should I be limiting to just one group? I
think I am seeing multicasts from wireless accesspoints and a few other
devices for some reason.....