[cisco-voip] Setting ip Multicast for MOH

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Apr 18 21:47:47 EDT 2005

With pim sparse-dense mode the router will try to do sparse mode
(multicast is only forwarded to hosts that explicitly join the group).
If the sparse-mode fails however it will drop to dense mode (multicast
is flooded everywhere).  With a minimal sparse-dense mode setup I would
go ahead and only route the specific groups you wish to go over the
wan.  You never know when somebody will put some app on their pc that
could end up sending a 100k stream to all your remote sites.

-Ryan