[cisco-voip] Unity in a centralized cluster design

Kris Seraphine Kris.Seraphine at cliftoncpa.com
Wed Apr 20 10:56:58 EDT 2005

Hi

I'm in the process of planning a centralized CCM/Unity deployment where
the servers will live in the customer's datacenter.  There are no users
located in the datacenter so all users (about 1500 in 50+ locations)
will be in remote locations.  I'm concerned about voicemail access
during a WAN outage.  The larger sites will not be able to go without
voicemail during an outage.  I believe that as long as the remote site
and the datacenter have PRIs, I should be able to reroute callers out
over the PSTN directly to the correct greeting.  I've messed with this a
bit in my lab by configuring a router as ISDN network side and using
back to back PRI and it seemed to work fine but in production there will
obviously be more variables (circuits provisioned from different
providers, etc) that I may not be aware of.

I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience with this setup.

thanks

Kris Seraphine