[cisco-voip] Dialpeer Hunting and Preference

John Gao john.gao at globaldial.com
Thu Apr 21 05:01:43 EDT 2005

Hi All,

A customer has two sites.  Both sites have a 827-4V.  Inbound PSTN calls
are terminated on an AS5350.  Customer wants to route calls to site A
first.  If all lines on site A are busy, then subsequent calls are to be
routed to site B.

PSTN External <-> AS5350 <-----> CPE 827-4V (A)

                             |----------> overflow CPE 827-4V (B)

It sounded easy, but we found out that when all lines on site A are busy,
the 827-4V sends a user-busy signal back to the AS5350, so that the AS5350
gives up and sends a busy tone to the PSTN.

We are reluctant to use the 'voice hunt user-busy' on the AS5350 as it
affects other business and customers.  Is there something similar to tell
the AS5350 to re-route the calls?

Relevant dial-peer config below:

dial-peer voice 2678 pots
  incoming called-number 88882678
  direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 26781 voip
  preference 1
  max-conn 4
  destination-pattern 88882678
  session target ipv4:<cpe a>
!
dial-peer voice 26782 voip
  preference 3
  destination-pattern 88882678
  session target ipv4:<cpe b>
!

We opened a case with TAC but was told that it is 'not possible and thus
outside the scope'.

TIA

John Gao