[cisco-voip] ISDN TROUBLE: 0x80A9 - Temporary failure

Marcello Pedersen mpedersen at touchbase.us
Thu Apr 21 14:27:56 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,

Brand new 2651xm with PRI NI2 connected to AT&T backhauled to CCM.

Clock is set to external. When I call ext 366195, the phone rings once and then disconnects.

deb isdn q931 shows:

Apr 21 17:54:16 UTC: ISDN Se1/0:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0E0A
        Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98381
                Exclusive, Channel 1
        Progress Ind i = 0x8283 - Origination address is non-ISDN
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '13050907059'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '366195'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
Apr 21 17:54:17 UTC: ISDN Se1/0:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8E0A
        Cause i = 0x80A9 - Temporary failure

I looked up Temporary Failure and I get:

This cause indicates that the network is not functioning correctly and that the condition is not likely to last a long period of time: e.g., the user may wish to try another call attempt almost immediately.

QUESTION:

Is this pretty dead on? or can it be an issue on the configuration of the router / CCM? I copied the run config from my test 2651xm that is working.

I tried a different cable to the NIU but still got the same message.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Marcello