[cisco-voip] DC Directory issues between pub and sub

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 14:24:01 EDT 2005

Hi,

Were having issue where the DC Directory between
publisher and subscriber is not syncing/replicating
correctly. If you look at users on publisher and
compare to subscriber they have different information.
We have waited days and data does not replicate.

TAC had advised run DC Directory scripts and we did
that, but the reconfig_cluster step errors out and the
trace/log files say it can not talk with the
subscriber server. saids to do it manually.

The pub/sub are on same network/LAN and switch and in
same subnet. SQL is working between the servers fine.

How do we sync the database manually? Do we copy the
database from pub to sub then do the reconfig commands
in script instructions? I can't find clear cisco docs
on what to do if the script steps fail.

When we launch DC Directory Manager the login for the
publisher and subscriber work, but need to use a
different password on pub and subscriber.

Has anyone ran into this before? Is it a password
issue and we need to run a password utility to get
things corrected and synced back up?