[cisco-voip] Upgrade from 3.3.4 to 4.1.2 - 5000+ phones

mayte at fiu.edu mayte at fiu.edu
Thu Apr 28 11:55:15 EDT 2005

I'm looking for an organization that has done a successful upgrade from
3.3.4 to 4.1.2 on a large scale.

We have 5000+ phones, pub, dedicated tftp and 4 subs in 2 campuses; also
an IPCC box running 3.1 which we would be upgrading to 3.5 too.

The recommendation we received from Cisco was to upgrade to 4.0.2 sr2,
awaiting to have larger deployments running stable on 4.1.2 before
committing.

I'm interested in things like,

Did you run into any unforeseen issues?

Did failover work fine?

How long did it take to complete?

Did you experience any problems after the upgrade? Or has it been smooth
sailing?

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mayte.