[cisco-voip] RTP only one way?

Bryan Deaver bdeaver at cisco.com
Fri Apr 29 13:30:06 EDT 2005

Wow, you really scrubbed the config and debug output.

>From the show call active voice brief, it appears packets are being sent
out, though at a rate smaller than the inbound rate.  It appears that you
don't have vad enabled on the sipura device where you do on the 5400.  Add
'no vad' on dial-peer 2 and you should see fairly symmetrical output in the
packet count.

Your sip-ua command 'nat symmetric check-media-src' appears to better
indicate what your typology looks like.  Someone already mentioned that
one-way audio is common in firewall/nat typologies.  The usual symptom is
that the audio works in the direction in->out but not out->in which I am
guessing is going on in your configuration.

Since we cannot see the addressing you are using, I recommend making sure
that the address you see in the show and debug output match what you expect
to happen.  I also suggest that you get an ethereal trace before and after
the NAT device and I expect that you will find the problem there.

If you are still having issues, please open up a TAC case so that we can
look more closely at the details of your setup in a less public forum.

Bryan