[cisco-voip] RTP only one way?

Gerd Feiner g.feiner at cablesurf.de
Sat Apr 30 04:48:59 EDT 2005

Hi Bryan,

thanks for your reply.  But:  there is NO NAT involved here, the config
for NAT stuff just sits therer in case there would be a box sitting
behind a NAT.  To understand my topology:

The AS5350 sits on one leg of a uBR10012 while the ATA sits behind a
cablemodem on a cable-interface of the uBR - all non-private, fully
functioning, official, shining and polished public addressing :P  There
is no single private IP involved, except the ones between the CMTS and
the cablemodem, but thats for management only.  All CPE and the AS have
public IP-addresses - and this is what puzzles me the most.

Brgs,
Gerd

Am 29.04.2005 um 19:30 schrieb Bryan Deaver:

> [...]
>> SOFTWARE (fc2)
>> Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
>> Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by cisco Systems, Inc.
>> Compiled Thu 10-Feb-05 04:17 by ssearch
>> Image text-base: 0x60008AFC, data-base: 0x61880000
>>
>> ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(1r)1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
>> BOOTLDR: 5350 Software (C5350-BOOT-M), Version 12.2(2)XB2, EARLY
>> DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
>>
>> mgw_muc_1 uptime is 1 day, 6 hours, 39 minutes
>> System returned to ROM by reload at 00:10:16 GMT Sat Jan 1 2000
>> System restarted at 12:14:08 GMT Thu Apr 28 2005
>> System image file is "flash:c5350-ik9su2-mz.123-13.bin"
>>

>> This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United
>> States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and
>> use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply
>> third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption.
>> Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for
>> compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you
>> agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are
>> unable
>> to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.
>>
>> A summary of U.S. laws governing Cisco cryptographic products may be
>> found at:
>> http://www.cisco.com/wwl/export/crypto/tool/stqrg.html
>>
>> If you require further assistance please contact us by sending email
>> export at cisco.com.
>>
>> cisco AS5350 (R7K) processor (revision T) with 262144K/131072K bytes
>> of
>> memory.
>> Processor board ID JAE08512F9T
>> R7000 CPU at 250MHz, Implementation 39, Rev 1.0, 256KB L2, 2048KB L3
>> Cache
>> Last reset from IOS reload
>> Channelized E1, Version 1.0.
>> Bridging software.
>> X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
>> SuperLAT software (copyright 1990 by Meridian Technology Corp).
>> Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
>> Manufacture Cookie Info:
>>   EEPROM Type 0x0001, EEPROM Version 0x01, Board ID 0x32,
>>   Board Hardware Version 3.34, Item Number 800-5171-02,
>>   Board Revision C0, Serial Number JAE08512F9T,
>>   PLD/ISP Version 2.2,  Manufacture Date 14-Dec-2004.
>> Processor 0x14, MAC Address 0x012048F32E
>> Backplane HW Revision 1.0, Flash Type 5V
>> 2 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
>> 130 Serial network interface(s)
>> 120 terminal line(s)
>> 4 Channelized E1/PRI port(s)
>> 512K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
>> 65536K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
>> 16384K bytes of processor board Boot flash (Read/Write)
>>
>> Configuration register is 0x2102
>>
>> all the other information is attached in txt-files.
>>
>> Brgds,
>> Gerd
>>

>> Am 29.04.2005 um 18:36 schrieb Bryan Deaver:
>>
>>> OK, please get some debugs and show commands to better understand
>>> is