[cisco-voip] windows 2000 error in event logs

Tim Frazee tfrazee at gsgi.com
Fri Jan 7 15:47:47 EST 2005

I have a quick question for the list.

I have two Cisco CallManager 3.3.4 servers, (publisher and subscriber)
and a Unity server.

They are on the same subnet.

The unity server is pdc of a domain and the callmanagers are members of
a workgroup. The workgroup netbios name and the ADS domain name are
different. The callmanagers cannot be in the domain. They (callmanagers)
are 7835 models. The second Ethernet interface is disabled. Microsoft
protocols are removed from these disabled interfaces as well.

>From the subscriber only, I have event log errors 8032 and 8012. the
subscriber is complaining about being unable to contact the publisher
for a list of resources. Basic workgroup type browsing problems. What
can I do to fix these so I don't have an event log full of stuff. I also
have the lmhosts file populated with the three servers name/ip and all
three servers are configured for WINS.

All three servers are able to talk to each other. Ping, and \\servername
<file:///\\servername>

Thanks in advance

Timothy Frazee

Systems Engineer