[cisco-voip] 911 call timing question

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri Jan 7 16:00:24 EST 2005

Hi Tim,

Several questions, so here's my first shot at answers -

911 - some people have chosen to use 9-911 to address this situation.
if you want to have 9-1-1 delay for <interdigit_timeout> you can create
a dummy overlapping number such as 9111.  So long as both patterns are
equal priority (do not check the urgent priority flag), Callmanager will
receive 9-1-1 and then wait for <interdigittimeout> seconds before
routing the call.  As you are using CER, you would need to create the
dummy overlap in the same partition with your 911 CTI Route point that
CER registers.

To trace the calls to see where a call would go IF it were placed form a
specific device/line use DNA - Dialed Number Analyzer
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_book09186a00801e8b62.html

If you want to track down a call that has already been placed -
If you are using MGCP gateways, this can all be done at the
callmanager.  If the call was terminated after it went into the fully
connected state, then the number will show up in CDR records.  You may
need to enable the CM service parameter "log calls with zero duration"
to see some calls.

if you are using h323 gateways, then the specific exit interface is not
exposed to CM, it is only available at the router itself in "sh call
history voice" or in CDRs collected via syslog or SNMP from the router
itself.

/Wes