[cisco-voip] ATA--- Faxing

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Tue Jan 11 17:52:20 EST 2005

I know someone posted something about this not to long ago, but I'm
running into an issue.

I'm running CM 3.3.4sr2 and ata186's (ATA186-I1-A).  I have a fax
machine (Xerox something centre) that is able to fax locally (says the
end user) but is having issues faxing long distance and faxes coming in
have issues of not coming in.  They have had Xerox out a couple of times
and they are asking about the lines.  I have other Xerox's in the
building that no one has complained about.  The ATA's are still fairly
new, but I'm using them for dialup and faxing and for the most part not
having issues.

Any ideas?  I have three PRIs to Qwest.  My remote site that has a PRI
to Verizon has also said they have issues with faxing to 1 800 numbers.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

PS.  What speed can the ATA support?  I think the Xerox's have been set
to 14.4