[cisco-voip] ATA--- Faxing

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Wed Jan 12 03:34:09 EST 2005

Scott,

things are not yet completely clear for me on this, but with the recent
fax/ATA problems I encountered, I would suggest to check the following
things:

1.	slips on the PRI (clocking mismatch)
2.	disabling ECM on the fax - if it can be disabled - might help
3.	disabling SuperG3 (= 33.6 kbps) - again: if it can be disabled - can
help too (had this recently on a "Xerox something centre" too)

Other two things from my supplier that I haven't been able to check
personally:

*	check that the gateway is configured for fax pass-through, because
ATA modules do not support fax relay
*	mode 1 (audio mode in ATA = 0012) is more reliable than mode 2
(audio mode = 0015) for SuperG3 faxes

Indeed, ATA modules are not supposed to work at speeds above 14.4 kbps
(although they might).

Note that we operate in Belgium (Europe), so YMMV.

Please let us know your findings. Any idea is good to take in the Holy War
Against Faxes.

Vincent

  _____