[cisco-voip] Fax Relay/Passthrough used for pots to pots FAX calls?

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 22:28:10 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm getting mixed answers on if FAX relay or
passthrough are used for pots to pots FAX calls.
Example, a call that comes in the PRI and goes out FXS
(NM-HDA) on same router to a FAX machine.

I have a intermintent FAX issue now (briefly described
here a few days ago) and am being asked to do a 'fax
rate disable' by TAC on the pots dial-peers. With this
command, it completely kills fax calls so we got to
put it back to what it was - fax rate voice. Any idea
why this would break FAXs between 2 pots peers?

Thanks