[cisco-voip] Re: Cisco VoIP IP-IP gateway

Chris Roberts croberts at bongle.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 05:13:55 EST 2005

Heh,

You can run the Gatekeeper on the same box with the jsx release. I've got a
lot further with this now, however, I now have this:

|     Private network       |  Public Network         |
         GKA         GKB
CM <---> GWA <-----> GWB <-----> PSTN-GK <----> PSTN GW

The idea being that GKA/GWA is the local site gateway, with the call manager
routing all calls to this. This gateway also has PSTN interconnect for our
incoming voice traffic.

Gatekeeper/Gateway B is our IPIPGW/via-zone GateKeeper, and interconnects
our private network to the public PSTN IP network.

All seems to work now, and calls from the CM seem to progress, however upon
dialing there is no ringback on the IP Phone, and the remote end will ring
for a couple of seconds, before the Callmanager seems to drop the call and
stop trying to connect. This happens even if you answer the remote phone in
the few seconds you have.

What should I check for in this scenario? I assume signalling is working
okay, since the remote end rings. Possibly the end-to-end RTP connection, or
H.245? How can I debug this on the Cisco CallManager?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

---