[cisco-voip] Two trunks between CCM and gatekeeper

Alex A. Pavlenko lex at sandy.ru
Thu Jan 20 10:43:02 EST 2005

Hello.
It seems a'm at the dead end...
I have CCM 4.0 connected to third party H.323 gatekeeper by means of h225 trunk.
Everything works fine, however in such configuration single codec can be used.
I mean if a phone is in device pool "Pool1" for example and trunk is in "Pool2"
the only
codec being used is one configured in device pools and corresponding regions.
But i need at least
two codecs: g729 for long distance calls and g711 for local calls. Both types
of calls are served by the same gatekeeper which routes them to different
gateways.
I can't bypass gatekeeper and create direct connections between CCM and gateways
since gatekeeper functions as central accounting point.
  So I've set up a new region with g279 codec, new device pool and second trunk
to the gatekeeper.
But this environment does not work. Lets consider a small example.
There is route pattern 9.XXX with PreDot discard digits rule. If this pattern
references old trunk
which was working from the beginning, calls are completed successfully. If I
change old trunk to new,
Q931 setup message being sent to the gatekeeper includes not transformed
called number 9XXX as it was dialed instead of XXX. The result is failed call.
If I switch back to old trunk calls
complete successfully again. I have no idea. Is there any method to make it
work?
Sorry for long story and thanks for any responses.

--
Alex Pavlenko
System Administrator