[cisco-voip] Ring FXS port and extension on 7960 at same time

Mark R. Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Mon Jan 24 09:14:05 EST 2005

To do this with SIP, you need support from the SIP location proxy --
the incoming call for the shared SIP URI is branched to two separate
INVITEs.

This can be represented several ways in the configurations; some
systems, like BroadSoft, have an explicit way of doing it. With others
you can setup simultaneous ring and shared outgoing appearance. The SIP
standard itself allows for multiple registrations for the same SIP URI;
the location database would record multiple Contact entries for the
URI.

Thomas -- what are you using for your SIP proxies?

---
Mark R. Lindsey, ECG
+1-229-316-0013 lindsey at e-c-group.com
Engineers' Consulting Group: Professional Grade Telecommunications
Engineering