[cisco-voip] Home Cisco PSTN POTS Gateway

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Mon Jan 24 21:41:46 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 06:10:16PM -0800, Vandy Hamidi wrote:
> I have a friend that just wants to setup a 2600 w/ a couple pots lines
> and a call manager.
>
> What is the minimum Hardware config he needs for the 2600?  Does he need
> an AIM module?  VIC/FXO ports?

I don't know anything about call manager, but for the 2600, you need
an NM-1V or an NM-2V, and appropriate VICs.

I've got a 2600 to play with that has:
  NM-2V
  VIC-2FXO
  VIC-2FXS

I'm running 12.3 code, and various SIP softphones/SIP registrars -- I'm
slowly getting up to speed with this VOIP.  It's probably easier to get
things going with CCM...  (Or perhaps not?)

	John